Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Wicked!





Wicked. i was so excited about this. i have been waiting a long time to see this. so this night was pretty special for me. so penny came in on monday morning and she was all ready to see wicked in chicago. We went on Tuesday, February 26, 2008 at 7:30 p.m. we left home at around 4:45 and stopped at steak and shake for dinner in joliet. after we ate we got back on the road towards chicago. the directions to the parking lot was a little bit confusing, but me being a city girl kind of now i got us there.



We were all so excited and when we came up to the front of the oriental theatre we took lots of pictures. we walked in the beautiful theatre, they scanned our tickets, and we went up the stairs to the balcony level. once we got our seats, which were in the front of the section on the balcony(great seats), me and my mom went downstairs to buy me a black wicked shirt and to go the bathroom. when we walked into the actual theatre it was breathtaking. the art on the old theatre was so pretty. the carvings on the walls and the statues were so great. then the lights were growing darker..... it was almost time!

No one mourns the wicked was the song that started off the musical. it was great. there was a huge dragon thing on the ceiling that was moving and going crazy. the dancers were amazing. they were just dancing everywhere. the outfits were so perfect. my favorite character was glinda.. because she was soo funny and cute! my favorite songs were popular sung by glinda and my other favorite song was defying gravity sung by elphaba. the part i laughed the most at was when glinda was singing popular and she was like kicking her feet up on the bed! it wasso funny and i laughed alot at that part. she was very funny in everything she did. i over all thought it was a very very very very very very good musical and i will see it again!!!!!


It was a great night and it is now my favorite musical EVER!!

1 comments:

Penny said...

I loved Wicked too. This performance blow the DALLAS one away. So glad to see it with you and your Mom. Your description was in such detail I felt like I was seeing it again reading your blog. You nailed it on the description of the theater. This is the most beautiful Theater I have ever seen.